I know that I’ve done this post before, but I feel like it’s important to go back and remember why I want to lose weight. Sometimes in between workouts and counting point or calories, it’s easy to forget those reasons.
- I want to have a healthy heart. Heart problems run in my family and this is a great reason to try to get healthy.
- I don’t want to develop diabetes, along with all of it’s complications. I have a few family members who have this also. I’m so scared that maybe I’m pre-diabetic or actually have diabetes. The doctors always want me to get checked out and I never have. I think I’m fearing what the results will be. Maybe I should do it just to find out!
- I want to be able to have kids someday. My doctor told me, that with my blood pressure, it wouldn’t be a good idea to get pregnant right now. That scares me. While we’re not ready for kids yet, I want them someday! I don’t want to have complications due to my weight problem.
- I want to develop healthy habits for both my husband and I so that when we do have children, we can teach them healthy habits.
- I want to be athletic.
- I want to run a 5k and eventually a 1/2 marathon and a marathon.
- I want to be able to shop at any store that I want to and not in the Plus sizes! I would love to be able to dress stylishly. I try my best, but sometimes I don’t have all of the options that I will when I’m thin.
- I want to look amazing. I want to be trim and thin. I want my husband to be proud of me. Not that’s he’s not now, but I always worry!
- I don’t want to be judged by my weight.
- I want to be able to run without getting out of breath.
- I want to lead by example. I have family members who don’t have very healthy habits. I care about them and don’t want them to have health problems.
I think I could go on and on. But these are good reminders to me for why I want to lose weight and get healthy. What are your reasons?