I cannot believe 2010 is almost over already! I have told Hubby numerous times that this was the best year yet. We had a lot of fun as we became a more active couple and my self confidence began to blossom. There were some hard times mixed in with the good, but overall, it was a great year!
First, I wanted to take a look at the resolutions I made on January 1st 2010:
- Run 1 5k: Not only did I run a 5k, but I ran 3 of them this year!
- Be a better wife: I asked my hubby about this and he said, “I’ve never really had a problem with you.” lol I guess I was a good wife. But I feel like I can always improve- and really, to make a happy marriage- both partners should always be striving to be a better spouse. I should always try to be a better wife- forever.
- Continue to become healthier: I wish I could say that I’m off my BP meds, but I’m not. But I have lost a lot of weight and have made great strides in my fitness level. I eat more fruits and veggies than ever before. I drink lots of water everyday. I’m definitely continuing to become healthier.
- Get debt under control: We are making strides in this area too. We don’t eat out as much as we used to, which saves a lot of money. But this one needs more work, too! Losing weight and being able to fit in smaller clothes does not equate to reckless spending.
- Weigh less on January 1st 2011, than I did on January 1st 2010- Success! I started out the year at 245.8 and as of my last WI day, I weighed 214.8. That’s a 31 lb. weight loss this year, and I go by my first WI day in January for tracking purposes, so hopefully it will be more than that! I lost 30 lbs in 2009- so I did better this year (as long as WI next week goes well) than the last! It’s slow- but consistent!
Like a lot of bloggers have been doing, I went over my posts throughout the last year and picked out a few moments that stuck out to me- good and bad! It was fun to review 2010!
- My grandma passed away at the end of December 2009- her funeral was at the beginning of January 2010.
- I participated in a Weight Loss Challenge at work, I didn’t win- but I just stayed consistent in my efforts. Many of the participants went back to their old ways- which I am still continuing- I’m a winner after all!
- Hubby and I got very sick with the stomach flu. I hadn’t had the flu since elementary school! We spent a couple of days home together- SICK!
- I did the 30 Day Shred for 30 days in a row.
- I ran outside in public for the first time in my life- a big step for me!
- My FIL was in the hospital for a month.
- I got glasses for the first time in my life- I found out I’m near sighted.
- I met my 50 lb. goal!
- Looking over my posts, I really struggled in April with keeping on track.
- We went camping in a tent right next to a lake, in 30 degree weather, and went on a 15 mile bike ride!
- We planted our garden.
- Our cats decided to hate each other and we had to keep them separated for a couple of weeks- but they got over it!
- Hubby and I participated in our first 5k.
- I started working at home and became MUCH happier. Looking over my posts prior to this, I talked a lot about how much I hated my job. What a blessing!
- Hubby and I attended a Country Jam concert.
- Hubby and I participated in our 2nd 5k. I ran the entire thing this time- no walking!
- We made homemade apple cider.
- Hubby and I both took the day off work to celebrate my 25th birthday.
- Hubby and I ran our 3rd 5k- a new PR!
- I shared my blog with my family for the first time- their support has been so appreciated!
- We celebrated our 4th anniversary- and ran a 5k to celebrate!
- Hubby was on the road and only home on the weekends, so my Mom stayed with me for a few days at the beginning.
- I voted in the mid-term election.
- I met my 70 lb. goal!
- I hosted the first annual Thankful Healthy Blogger 5k on Thanksgiving day.
- Girls night out with family to see The Nutcracker ballet.
- WW came out with the new Points Plus program and I struggled for the first few weeks.
- Hubby and I had a week off of work together that we spent doing things like sledding, playing games, shopping and relaxing!
I’m looking forward to a fabulous 2011! Stay tuned for my 2011 New Years Resolutions post tomorrow!
Wishing you a wonderful and healthy new year!