I am seriously considering hiring a personal trainer. I found a location that it will be affordable and worthwhile for me to get a membership and personal training.
I’m a little nervous about it though have put off setting up an appointment and wanted to get a little feedback from all of you out there.I’m just not sure if I’m going in the right direction by choosing a personal trainer over a dietician or whoever else.
Here are my expectations:
1. To be given a clear plan to follow. How often I should work out, and the basics of nutrition/weight loss.
2. To have questions answered in regard to how much to eat, how many calories to eat, etc.
3. To be motivated to lose the rest of my weight.
4. To find someone who will push me.
5. To find someone who has worked with someone who has lost a significant amount of weight and then stalled, for various reasons. I’d like them to be able to shed some light on what my problem might be—probably mentally.
Mostly, I want someone who can point me in the right direction and answer my questions. I want expert answers. I want to be able to trust the advice I’m given. Mostly, I want it to WORK! and I want it to be realistic. No crazy shakes or things like that for me.
Have you hired a personal trainer before? Did it help? Have you seen a nutritionist or dietician? Did it help?
I’m pretty sure I’ll be moving forward with this in the next few weeks, but I just want some feedback on what to expect!