Thursday, September 11, 2014

A Day in the Life of Post (pictures)

I thought I would finally do a classic “day in the life of” post. I’d like to do this every once in a while!

My day started at 6:40 a.m. when I woke up. I love it when I wake up naturally instead of waking up to baby’s stirrings and cries. While it’s always tempting to go back to sleep, I know that I will be awoken by baby and then I’ll end up feeling tired. So it was up and at ‘em for me.

I had just enough time to pump before baby woke up. I get less and less it seems. I now get between 1.5 – 2 oz. per day. I want to continue until I don’t get anything though, because I want to do it for the antibodies. I looked it up and anything is better than nothing.


I didn’t know I was going to do this post yet—so I’m using a couple pics from the last time I was going to and never ended up getting it done!

And then it was in to get baby. In the morning, I give her meds, change her, feed her and then we sit in the chair and rock while she looks around. She loves to just look around. Nosy little baby. lol


After that, it was my turn to eat some breakfast. Every morning, baby enjoys her swing and talking to the little lady bugs while I eat breakfast. I bought that blanket at a garage sale. I washed it all up and she just loves it. She gets all excited when I put it on her.

91114 002

I ate oatmeal with blueberries and a glass of milk. And of course, I always drink a lot of water in the morning (and all day) and also take my vitamins and meds.

91114 008

Wouldn’t you know this was the one day that my oatmeal decided to overflow in the microwave. I microwave it the same amount every time. It must have something to do with the temperature in the house?

Baby was really enjoying her swing today, so I went ahead and made my coffee (with creamer) and sat down to read.

91114 009

By that time, she was starting to get fussy. So out of the swing and time for play!


I sat with her and then quickly washed some bottles and parts.

91114 010

Time for baby’s first nap. I had just enough time to get myself ready for the day and she was awake again. I just never know what her nap schedule will be like every day. She usually takes one long nap (and a couple more shorter ones) and that can either in the morning or afternoon. Totally random.

After eating, she likes to stare out the window while I burp her. She’s fascinated with trees.


And then it was my turn to eat some lunch. While I ate, baby was entertained in her Jumperoo.

91114 012

I had a spinach salad with leftover grilled chicken, blue cheese crumbles, tomatoes, and a drizzling of lite honey mustard.

91114 011

This was followed up by a Chobani Indulgent.

91114 013

I did some laundry, got my baby bag re-packed with essentials, and straightened up the kitchen.

Then it was time for tummy time. She did this until she started getting really fussy and it was time for another nap.


I was feeling hungry so I hate a Grahamfuls. I know, not a nutritious snack but it sure is tasty.

91114 014

But of course that didn’t fill me up, so I ate a plum and a WW cheese stick.

91114 015

I ate this while putting together a list of items to get that I could also get money back on from the various apps I use.

91114 016

The bottles were dry so it was time to make those up. Baby woke up, and her Dr’s office called me, but I was able to get everything done before she got fussy.

91114 017

So it was time to feed her again.

After that, I headed to a nearby town to pick up her prescription, do a little shopping, and run some errands.

First stop, Starbucks. I got a Skinny caramel macchiato and a cake pop. I was sooooo tired. This really did the trick and I perked up.


I got in the horrible habit of buying chocolate chip cookies at Starbucks (omw I love them) and I know they are very high in calories. So the cake pop was my transition to getting no treats at all…. or something. lol

I do want to mention that I ate more “sweets” than I normally would today. IDK what was up with me today—but this isn’t the norm, I promise!

I had luck shopping for the baby but not much luck for myself! I need some long sleeved shirts. Oh well.

And then it was time to feed the baby again. I fed her in the car and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Ignore my super serious face and crazy hair!


And then it was on to other errands. One of the stops was Wal-Mart—I hate, hate, hate that place. We have two stores in my area and one is HORRIBLE. It wasn’t even a week ago that I said I would never, ever go to that store location again—but it’s just more convenient than the other one.

UGH. The customers are rude and inconsiderate, the employees are rude and have no idea what they’re doing (including a cashier who didn’t know how to process a coupon so she just stood there instead of getting help—I ended up telling her I didn’t want the item anymore), and it’s just no fun!

And then the endless lines. And baby was getting fussy and the poor thing ran out of medicine due to an insurance and Dr. error so she was spitting up like CRAZY. I was putting things on the belt and dropped yogurt—I was flustered, sweaty and everything. lol But I made it out of there alive. Never, ever again, I tell ya… (until next time it’s more convenient to go there…). HA.

I headed home and started to feed baby. Hubby finished so I could get supper together.


I ate an egg white omelet (well…it was supposed to be an omelet but it kind of fell apart) with turkey and cheese, Ezekiel bread with PB and banana, and blueberries/strawberries. Delish!

91114 019

After that, hubby entertained the baby while I quickly entered my info into the apps for savings. So far, I got back 11.77 and am still waiting on one more app to come through. Pretty amazing savings, huh? And all things I would have bought anyways (except for one item that I think they ended up paying me to buy…).

And then I put baby to sleep for the night—and here I am! I was going to go for a walk tonight but the time got away from me. At least I did a lot of walking while shopping today.

And I have to wash bottles and make bottles so I can start all over again tomorrow. Not to mention the kitchen is a mess again. SIGH

I still have points left for the day—so I did pretty good.

Tomorrow is weigh in day—we will see!


  1. Good luck with WI! I hate Walmart, too, and our store doesn't know how to handle coupons either! I called and spoke with a manager about it, and it has gotten a bit better. But it's frustrating! Sienna does SO good with tummy time. :) Wow, I forgot how much work it is to feed a baby. Whew, bottles! My first two took bottles from 6 months to a year. Wash, wash, wash. Lol Oh, and my babies gained like crazy while nursing, but I could NEVER pump. :( I think it's great that you've kept it up so long!!!

  2. You are a super mom! Love the sweet baby pics. Have a blessed weekend!!!

  3. Great people always attract towards great stuff so it is always necessary to make excellent stuff for profitability purposes. In our routine, everyone has to write some kind of papers and if someone is looking for trusted writing services then visit vipessayservice website and complete your papers by hiring native guys in your budget.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...