Yesterday’s HAWMC topic was to share a comfort food recipe—and we all know that I have plenty of those recipes, but I wanted to approach this topic a little differently because I struggle with emotional eating.
Food for comfort. We all do it, but it can be a dangerous road to travel if we begin to turn to food for comfort regularly instead of coping in a healthier way. It is most certainly the reason I am overweight, and it’s a difficult habit to break.
So today, I’m sharing a recipe for Comfort Food for the Soul.
- Unlimited Hugs
- Handful or two of special kisses from a loved one
- 1 prayer
- 1 Walk outside to enjoy nature
- 1 Book (a good one)
- 1 Blanket (the warm and fuzzy variety works best)
- 5 of your favorite songs
- 2 cups of coffee
- Sprinkles of laughter
- As many tears as you need
- A box of tissues
- 1 journal & 1 pen
- 1 phone call to a loved one
- 3 texts to a friend
- Count your blessings and toss them in
- Smile until you feel happiness bubbling up inside
Combine all ingredients as needed and rest until done.
What would you include in your Comfort Food for the Soul recipe?